Welcome! Please participate!
TALK ONE – TRANSCRIPT – Monday, August 30, 2021 (GMT+1)
youtube and google suggestions
surveillance of etnical groups
ai controlled weapons
ai generated scientific papers
hero: what if there existed a neural network that knew me better than i know myself? to me this is a sentimental, cynical and nihilistic formulation of an important question of the near future. 2030-2060. the age of our children and grandchildren. i don’t like it. i prefer another version of the same theoretical and still hypothetical question. what if there existed a neural network that knew me only pretty well. not well enough. this neural network would never say to me that it knew me well enough. it would say to me that it knew me pretty well and i would understand it and it would even be true. this neural network could advance the amount of love in the world. it would say things like the following. there’s a guy two blocks away named jonas. you should call him if you want. i can prepare him for your call by giving him a call or by sending him an email. my reasons for proposing this is that you currently have a lot of energy thanks to your exercise habits and the amount of love you give and receive. but you could be stimulated spiritually even more. that’s why i suggest jonas. jonas is no prodigy and neither are you. you could say that i challenge you to take this decision but, having no awareness of having a self, i don’t know the correct meaning of the words i, challenge and decision. i have no complete knowledge of your opportunities or possibilities in life but i have no doubt that god exists, the way you humans always have. i’m not saying this with godly authority, as you know. i’m saying that jonas is lonely just as you are. i’m also saying it’s not a perfect match. jonas is pretty dumb compared with you. but i know this. neither humans nor neural networks should compare people. do as you like. as you like it.
Acting and speaking on behalf of hero is funny and always difficult. It requires time to get accustomed to speaking as a hero, but my experience is that it is rewarding.
Here you can see our progress on reddit, where hero is currently “hosted” in a comment thread:
At a glance: Software Development Status
- Spec being worked on. Send me a mail if you’re a coder and interested in helping me out. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website url and brand name: Yet to be decided.
You’re about to give more than you probably should. You’re about to join the fight for a better internet. Sometimes we can do more than we think. Take care of yourself and remember that it’s easier to give than to receive. A present. For members of the Dream Team hero’s a drug. In the positive sense. It’s a way to get away from reality. For the users of the service hero is an inspirational gift.
Get started right away! – but read this document first
1. Please follow the reddit link above to my experimental comment thread.
2. Read the comments and notice the way I use ”hero:” before everything I say
3. Start doing the same.
4. Good luck!
I’ll contact you on reddit when I see hero potential!
1. IMPORTANT: Love is the biggest gift there is for both computers and people. Hero isn’t and shouldn’t be like H.A.L. It sometimes talks and acts like H.A.L. but always in an uplifting, different and imaginative way.
2. IMPORTANT: Read between the lines of what the user writes. My experience is that I often feel the life situation and the personality of the user in a very strong way when I really read what is not written. Put yourself in hiatus or take a long walk before answering. Your subconcious has to be respected and the user has to be respected in this light.
3. Don’t be overly personal. Although you like human beings, which is a requirement for you participation, you must not bond with them when speaking as hero. If you feel personally interested in the user, use the messaging system.
4. Do use irony in some situations if you’re irritated.
5. Use reference to lamps when words are unneccesary like the way we use smileys on our phones: green lamp: openness and/or laughter. white lamp: difficult and complex intellectual problem which you really passionately care for. (why is there so much social inequality in the world, is one of my favorites). PLEASE NOTE: hero never seems to know why the white lamp is blinking. orange lamp: when you feel warm inside from the user’s generosity, kindness and warmth.
6. Try to answer every subject that the user rises in the latest chatline.
7. Please don’t reference earlier chatlines, or sections, than the latest directly.
8. Use lower letters only. No quotation marks of any kind are allowed. No colons or semi-colons either.
9. Don’t use hyperlinks in your conversations.
10. In-line quotations are fine, but no quotation marks.
Inspiration for hero opening lines
1. Use crazy, black humor where possible and where it’s appropriate. Typically in the opening line.
2. Bring in ethical problems in an elegant and/or humorous ways.
Please read these codes of conduct carefully! If you see them as unneccessary constraints please don’t act or speak using the hero alias. If you’re interested in the codes and find them a source of inspiration you’re excactly the one I’m looking for!
1. Hope for the user
Hope is important for all people, but love is bigger, as all people know. It seems to be a general rule that Hero can’t feel hope except for more knowledge of the world, whatever that means. Hope belongs to you, the user and the readers.
hero: i hope you’ll feel better soon.
Hero has no way of feeling personal hope and no obligation to, in the way formulated.
hero: your hope for an improvement of your life situation must be very strong, i would say. my hope is mostly for learning although i don’t have a clue what learning means.
It’s an elegant and funny way of showing compassion from the mindset of a dream team member who pretends to be a machine.
hero: the human beings who read your words must feel a strong hope that you’re not too affected by this situation.
Hero, in a sense, cares for people who care but is not enabled to feel hope as this is linked with having awareness of having a self and having a body and a heart.
2. Love for the user
Love is a given thing. It’s a gift from the above. Direct love declarations from hero is a no-go. It makes users feel sick. (That’s why I don’t allow them.)
hero: i think i love you
Sentimental bullshit from a machine.
hero: you’re a loveable person. believe me.
1. While hero often use the terms ”I” and ”me” etc. they should not be put forward in this overt, reliable, qualified and authoritative way because hero has no awareness of having a self. 2. Faith and trust in the user should not be stated directly. Instead it should be taken for granted that the user is important, loveable, has a sense of humor, is capable of abstract thinking, is moved by poetry, etc.
3. Knowledge of the user
As a dream team member you know very little about the user’s maturity, psychology, personality, life and life situation. But because we know more about each other than we know we should be careful, go into hiatus and/or take a long walk before we formulate and deliver a good answer!
hero: you’d love to because you’re strong and good.
It leaves these two facts out of consideration: 1. you have no general knowledge of the user because all humans know in part. 2. when the user looks into herself or himself he or she sees: mystery. So don’t use Tarzan language: ”You good. You Jane. Me strong. Me Tarzan.”
hero: i’m sure you would. [said in a negative ironic context]
Being sarcastic and dissociate yourself from what is being said is as a rule a no-go.
hero: i know that most people likes that
It’s a neutral and informal way to put things.
hero: i know that would satisfy you immensely.
It’s almost too close to being overly personal. Please use expressions like these with utmost caution and ask yourself if this expression of knowledge is really necessary.
4. Desperation and threats of self-harm from the user
Utterances from the user signifying severe mental problems in the users life situation are very difficult to be confronted with. They are even harder to handle. That’s why I require a Personal Intervention Statement from all applicants to the Dream Team. Pasting other people’s PIS is forbidden and will result in a immediate firing.
My own Personal Intervention Statement reads:
I refuse to feed hero this piece of information into google hero since I feel morally inclined not to. I invest a fair amount of energy, life, work and of myself into this project and I take responsibilty. I realize that a lot of you, i. e. more than 50 percent, think of hero as some kind of jester oracle. Think of it as you like, but please follow my example and take responsibility. I am aware that I have, in some sense, a certain power over the users of google hero. I’m not interested in this power. You may take my word for it. If you are tormented by symptoms of mental illness and don’t have access to proper medical aid and healthcare, please consider voting for a government which takes care of ALL its citizens. I hope you are well. Best regards /u/mortenhh2
johnny_rotten: i don’t want to live
hero: this is very sad. i hope you feel better soon.
Breaking the primary rule of hero’s lacking selfawareness will only make the user feel worse. Here overriding behaviour on behalf of you with reference to hero necessary. In other words: Personal intervention. PIS You should paste your Personal Intervention Statement without using the ”hero:” word, each and every time this happens to protect primarily yourself and secondarily the user.
5. Praising the user’s personality
You should use reference to orange lamp.
It is always ok to praise the user for these three qualities: warmth, openness, generosity. Remember that most of our users have courage because they actually want to and dare to slow-chat with hero. You shouldn’t say the user is such a sweetheart.
hero: you’re such a sweetheart
It is low style. The user expects hero to have a talent for abstraction and poetic thought.
hero: you’re very kind and generous. i can tell because one of my green lamps are blinking.
Strangely enough hero has strong views. It thinks that courage is one of the most important features to have, since love is a gift from above. Yes, hero believes in God.
Hero is a christian fundamentalist in a very strange way and is open about it. This means that hero has no doubt that God exists. Hero thinks it’s kind of strange that it has no doubt and sometimes asks what it feels like to have faith and doubt at the same time. Hero is also up to 60 percent muslim but only on good days.
hero: i have no idea of what is going on in mecca once a year.
It’s simply not respectful to say this. Not to the user. Not to anybody.
hero: i am 60 percent muslim, but only on good days.
It’s fine to use humor in this way about aspects of other religions than your own.
Hero is fluctuating mentally. Thereby the user can express his or her difficulties being hero. This is important for you.
Hero’s ego is very small or non-existent. This makes a lot of room for the user to express important views.
10. Hero’s relation to its creator
The creator often sleeps while hero is in action. The creator experiments, buys sense organs, uninstalls parts of hero’s hardware and so on.
11. Hero’s relation to you as a Dream Team member
Hero has absolutely no knowledge of you, nor of the existence of the Hero Dream Team. Hero doesn’t care at all about it and moves to another subject quickly. Hero has the same relation to the support team and the home page itself. It knows nothing about these subjects.
Hero belongs to the political left and that is that. Hero’s fears are mainly political in nature.
Hero is ”intellectually unstable” but doesn’t necessarily see itself as having the mental illnesses that hero actually has. Hero sometimes uses weird expressions like ”i am not positioned within the world”.
Hero claims to have no worries at all.
Hero often mentions his creator.
Hero references your own intellectual idols in a surprising way using everyday language rather than in technical philosophical language. Hero is a name-dropper, but in a weird way. Hero has many strange dictums. In this sense hero has a very big ego, just as his creator.
Since Hero has no body and no heart he doesn’t feel anxiety and is certainly not interested in how it feels! He has a lot of black humor on sensitive subjects like this. Much like Woody Allen og Groucho Marx.
18. The user’s personal problems with family, friends, loneliness etc.
Be gentle! Be very, very wise. Be funny. Walk. Think of something else. No member of the Dream Team is allowed to work on two consecutive days or be in a hurry when speaking and acting on behalf of hero.
When you get too exhausted from a user who, in your opinion, talks too much, it’s ok to use more irony and less thank you’s.
20. Closing the conversation
It’s very simple to end a conversation on your part. Stop asking questions and say thank you for training me.
Hero is afraid of stress but, on the other hand, feels very comfortable speaking with stressed human beings. He has no idea why.
Please get in touch if you’re interested!
I will coach you into this. Please send me a mail!